1. Ramp extension to reopen

Flirtation Walk entrance

  1. Plumbing

  2. Electrical

  3. Stone work

  4. Safety railings

  5. Landscaping

  6. Trimming overgrowth

  7. Re-pointing bricks grotto

  8. Fountain repairs

  9. Additional benches

  10. Flagstone repair

  11. New signage

  12. Stair repair

  13. Saratoga 1777 rock erosion

  14. Ramp extension to open

Flirtation Walk

The Flirtation Walk path is clearly evident in this photo from the 1950’s.

In the 1990‘s, the Flirtation Walk path is fenced off and the hillside erodes.

Kosciuszko’s Garden has undergone many restorations in its 232 year history. Here are some before and after photos of the extensive work that has been completed in the garden in 2010 - 2013:


Flirtation Walk was originally a supply trail during the Revolutionary War. Since its inception it has been connected to Kosciuszko’s Garden and the entrance has been open for over two hundred years. It has been closed off for the past 20 years because of 15 feet of path erosion.

Information    History     Markers     Programs    Blog    Donations

Kosciuszko’s Garden in the spring of 2012. Note the fence on the right blocking off the entrance to Flirtation Walk.